Today has been a very quiet day! Miss I sustained a wee concussion after deciding to climb onto a chair and fall backwards so we have been lying low and nursing a sore wee head. Having a less chaotic day has given me a chance to catch up on a few things such as finally getting this fudge brownie blog up!
I love brownie and I’m not afraid to tell the world that I am a brownie addict. Give me any kind of brownie and I’m yours. It’s perfect on it’s own, with ice cream or whipped cream or even with a cup of tea. I think it is one of those things that everyone should know how to make so you can knock the socks off anyone who walks through your front door.
Raspberry and chocolate go together like cheese and ham, bread and butter or garlic aioli and wedges (I also like all of these) so really, there is no better way to eat them than mixed together in a fudge brownie!
What you’ll need
– 300g butter, cubed
– 300g 62% dark chocolate
– 100g extra dark chocolate for sprinkling, chopped
– 6 eggs
– 440g caster sugar
– 260g flour
– 45g cocoa
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
– a little icing sugar for dusting
What to do
– Preheat oven to 170 degrees (150 fan force) and line a 25cm x 35cm tin with baking paper.
– Melt the butter and chocolate together either in the microwave or in a pot on a low heat.
– Pop your sugar and eggs into a bowl and beat them together until they are pale and creamy. Slowly add in your melted chocolate/butter mixture and mix.
– Sift your flour and cocoa, add in your vanilla and mix until everything is combined.
– Pour the brownie mix into your lined tin and sprinkle (or chuck) with raspberries and chocolate.
– Bake for 30-45 minutes (depending on how fudgy you want your brownie. Once it’s done, pop it off to the side and leave it to cool into the tin. Cut into slices and enjoy dark chocolate and raspberry fudge brownie heaven!
I have some advice. Rip a chunk off while it is still warm…. do it. I promise you won’t regret it!
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : Brownies