Today has been a very quiet day! Miss I sustained a wee concussion after deciding to climb a chair and fall backwards so we have been lying low, nursing a sore wee head. Have a less chaotic day has given me a chance to catch up on a few things such as finally getting this blog up. So here goes!
I am a brownie addict. Like…. if there is brownie in the house.. I will get up in the middle of the night and eat some. I am a closest brownie eater, there I said it! Shhhhh don’t tell my husband.
Raspberry and chocolate go together so what better way to eat them then all mixed together in a fudge brownie.
(I apologise for the terrible pictures. Natural lighting was NOT my friend and I honestly could not be bothered setting up the lights!)
– 300g butter, cubed
– 300g dark quality chocolate
– 1/2 cup extra dark chocolate (chopped) for sprinkling
– 6 eggs
– 2 cups caster sugar
– 1 1/2 cups flour
– 1/2 cup cocoa
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
What to do
– Preheat oven to 170 degrees and line a 25cm x 35cm tin with baking paper.
– Melt the butter and chocolate together either in the microwave or in a heat safe bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring until well mixed.
– Beat the eggs and sugar until pale and creamy then add the chocolate mixture.
– Sift in the flour and cocoa and add to the bowl. Add in the vanilla and mix until well combined.
– Pour into the tin and sprinkle with raspberries and the extra chopped chocolate
– Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool in the tin and cut into slices when cold.
If you feel the urge….. cut some while warm and eat it. YOU WONT REGRET IT!!
I hope you have a lovely evening or day if its just starting for you. We are off to watch trashy TV and eat dinner.