With it being birthday week for both Nick and Izzy (SHE’S TURNING TWO ON SATURDAY! HOLY FUCK!), I have been looking for something quick and easy to shove in my gob whilst running around so Loaded Mini Frittatas have been a lifesaver! We’re also doing Junk Free June so it’s great to have something on hand for when those sweet cravings rear their head!
The whole point of Junk Free June is to make healthy choices whilst raising funds for the Cancer Society. To put a bit of a damper on the birthday week, my beautiful Grandad is on his final days of battling spinal cancer so we are doing it for him!
These Loaded Mini Frittatas are jam-packed full of protein and make for a super easy breakfast or lunch on the go OR a quick and light dinner. Serve them with a garden salad and you’ve got a decent bloody meal!
What you’ll need
– 9 eggs
– 200g bacon, diced. Leave it out if you’re wanting the vegetarian option!
– 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
– handful spinach, chopped
– 2-3 mushrooms, finely diced
– 1/4 cup feta cheese
– black pepper for seasoning
– olive or coconut oil for frying.
What to do
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan force) and grease a muffin tray with a little butter or non stick spray OR use a silicon one.
– Pop a frying pan on the element and heat up a little olive or coconut oil. Fry off your diced bacon, mushrooms and spinach then set it off to the side.
– In a large bowl, crack your eggs, season with black pepper and whisk together them together. Add in the bacon, spinach and mushroom mix and give it all a good mix together.
– Evenly divide the mix between your muffin tray, sprinkle with feta and pop a piece of cherry tomato on top!
– Bake for 15-20 minutes or until nice and set. Let em’ cool a little before devouring and if you’ve got any leftovers, chuck them into an airtight container. They will last in the fridge for 3-4 days! Eat em cold or zap them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to warm them up.