Beetroot is one of my FAVE root vegetables and I LOVE eating it any chance that I get. In a hamburger, chopped up with feta and spinach, by itself or in a Chocolate Beetroot Brownie. Yes, I did just say brownie. I’m all for sneaking in veggies any way I can!
I feel like we just need to ignore the chocolate part and focus on the word Beetroot. TECHNICALLY.. it’s a vegetable brownie. Chocolate Beetroot Brownie is one of those things where you don’t think it’s going to work or be delicious but it surprises you and your like holy shit, this is good!
Don’t knock it until you try it.
– 250g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
– 250g Whittakers 62% or 72% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
– 3 eggs, at room temperature
– 250g caster sugar
– A pinch of sea salt
-150g self-raising flour
– 250g grated beetroot, either pre-pared or grab a beet and boil until soft and tender.
What to do
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan force) and grease and line a 20 x 25cm baking tin with baking paper.
– Either in the microwave or a heat proof bowl over a pot of boiling water, melt your butter and chocolate together.
– Beat your eggs and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy then fold in the melted chocolate and butter until smooth.
– Grab a sieve and sift in your flour and salt. Gently fold this mixture in to your mix.
– Next comes the beetroot! Gently stir in your grated beetroot until well incorporated. Be careful not to over mix!
– Whack it in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out with a few crumbs stuck to it.
– Let it sit for 5 before removing from the tin and letting it cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares and devour!
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : Brownies