Four years ago when I moved up here to be with Nick, I got introduced to Kim who works in the office where we run our business from. Over the years, we have become incredibly close to them and they have been ever so kind to pretty much adopt us into their family! Her hubby Mark, is the most loveliest human on the planet (she is too!) and we all absolutely adore them. So much so, that to Izzy, they are adopted nana and granddad.
Whenever I bake on the weekend, I always save some to take in to so Kim can pass it on to Mark for his supper. We had our usual hour long conversation last Monday and she was telling me about how he was complaining about the price of banana bread at the supermarket. They came over on yesterday so I thought I would whip him up one as a surprise. Needless to say, I’m the favourite adopted daughter!
Banana bread is one of my favourite loaves to make. It is a perfect excuse to use up over ripe bananas and is a delish wee morning or afternoon tea pick me up. I LOVE to cut a slice, spread it with butter then warm it up in the microwave… guilty pleasure!
– 3 over ripe bananas
– 60g butter, melted
– 1 tsp baking soda
– pinch of salt
– 150g caster sugar
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 230g flour
optional- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
What to do
– Preheat oven to 175* degrees c (155 fan force) and grease and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
– In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth then stir in your melted butter.
– Pop in the baking soda and salt, give it a good mix before stirring in the sugar, beaten egg and vanilla extract.
– Fold in the flour and mix until smooth. If you’re adding chocolate chips, whack those in now.
– Pour into your loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes (checking at around 40) or until skewer in the centre comes out clean.
– Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin. Pop it out, slice it up, spread with butter and get that in your mouth!
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : LOAVES