Another goodie in my sample box (you can see this on Instagram) was a carton of Campbell’s chicken stock. Inside the box was a wee suggestions booklet on how to use it so I thought we would test out one of the recipes. Pasta is one of my FAVOURITE things to eat so as soon as I saw the carbonara recipe, my tummy jumped for joy. This might sound like it is a sponsored post, it isn’t! Its just a super delicious recipe I had to share because not only does it use less cream but its also super quick, easy and so so delicious! I’m all for quick and easy when it comes to dinners.
This recipe is for two people, I was cooking for four and it doubles perfectly, just make sure you double the cooking time as well!
– 1 Tbsp olive oil
– 80g bacon (I used middle)
– 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
– 1 cup Campbell’s Real Chicken Stock
– 200g fettucini
– 1 egg yolk
– 20 mls light thickened cream
– 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
– 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese plus a little extra for the top. If you are wanting to stick to the incredibly light option, don’t add it, otherwise cheese it up!
What to do
– Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat, add the bacon and mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes until bacon starts to crisp. Add stock and cook for 10 mins.
– Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan to packet instructions.
– Lightly whisk egg yolk and cream in a bowl.
– Add the parsley to bacon and mushrooms, stir well to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and quickly add the cream mixture and parmesan. Gently toss pasta and sauce together to combine. The pasta’s heat will cook the egg slightly and form a creamy sauce.
– Season, then serve with extra parmesan and parsley to taste.