The sun is out, the weather is warm and fruit is cheaper than it was 3 months ago. I think it’s safe to say that summer is here! What better way to celebrate than with a summery cake?! A Lemon, Blueberry and Polenta Cake to be exact.
I know that quite a few people aren’t huge fans of polenta but I think this cake maaaaaaaaaaay just change your mind.
Polenta just isn’t for savoury dishes! It makes some of the most amazing cakes, loaves and slices that I have ever had! If you are ever in need of another sweet polenta recipe, check out this fucking delicious Orange, Mixed Berry and Polenta Loaf.
With its amazing texture, bluebs bursting in your mouth with each bite and it’s hint of lemon, this Lemon, Blueberry and Polenta Cake is a winner!
What you’ll need
– 125g unsalted butter, softened + a little extra for greasing
– 150g caster sugar
– finely grated lemon rind + 2 Tbsp lemon juice
– 3 eggs, beaten
– 115g polenta
– 115g ground almonds
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 4 Tbsp greek yogurt
– 115g fresh or frozen blueberries
– icing sugar for dusting
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan force) and grease and line a 20 cm cake pan.
– Pop the butter, sugar, lemon rind and juice into a large bowl and beat together until pale and fluffy.
– Gradually beat in the eggs and then stir in the polenta, almonds, baking powder and yogurt.
– Fold in 2/3 of your blueberries and spoon the cake batter into the pan. Scatter the remaining blueberries over the top.
– Whack it in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until just firm and golden around the edges. Leave to cool in the pan for 20 then pop out and place on a wire rack to finishing cooling.
– Once your Lemon, Blueberry and Polenta cake is cool, dust it with icing sugar and serve as is or with a dollop of greek yoghurt on the side.
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : Cakes