Everything is all about Valentine’s Day at the moment and even though I hate it, I’m a sucker for a themed craft.
Miss I loves animals and doing shaped based activities so we jumped on Pinterest to look for inspiration. We came across heart shaped animals and needless to say, Miss I was pretty excited! There are many more you can craft up but we decided to pick 4 animals so we didn’t overwhelm ourselves- it’s tough being 2 1/2 with lots of options!
For a bit more fun, we glued some popsicle sticks to the back and turned them into masks and proceeded to play animal hide and seek. We popped out from behind the couch with a different mask each time making the sound of the animal. The raccoon…. well, lets just say.. it may have sounded a little possessed!
Not only is this an awesome opportunity to craft with your little ones but it’s also an awesome opportunity to tie in some learning with shapes, colours, counting and animals.
What you’ll need
– coloured craft card or paper
– googley eyes (or a marker pen to draw eyes on)
– popsicle sticks
What to do
– Choose your colours and draw out your hearts. Large for the face and smaller for the ears, eyes and whatever other facial features you would like to have.
– Get cutting! Obviously if you are letting your wee one cut, please supervise!
– Arrange hearts for your animal layout and stick em’ down with some glue.
– Pop on your googley eyes and let them dry before you indulge super cute animal play time.