Good Evening! I hope you all had a wonderful day. Miss I and I have been busy little bees working away in the kitchen today making treats not only for ourselves but for others for Valentines Day. I refuse to share these Paleo/Clean Brownie Bites!
Since I have been going a tad crazy over sugar the last few days (it happens when I’m stressed out), I thought I would break out an old favourite to satisfy those sweet cravings. You’re probably looking at the ingredient list thinking… how are these going to taste like brownie? Well my loves, prepare to be pleasantly surprised!
Not only are these Miss I approved (because she doesn’t know what real sugar brownie tastes like and I plan on keeping it that way for as long as possible!) but also “husband who doesn’t like dates” approved. Both, with stuffed mouths have said “ITS BROWNIE!!! SO GOOD!” and “I LIKE BROWNIE!”
These delicious wee sweet treats are also paleo and clean friendly so you can have your brownie and eat it too! These aren’t school lunchbox friendly but do check out our Nut Free Choco Seed Bliss Balls for that allergy friendly alternative!
What you’ll need
– 1 1/2 c walnuts
– 1 c dates (about 25)
– 1/3 cup good quality dark cocoa
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional extras- for rolling- coconut, freeze dried raspberries, dark cocoa or left over crushed walnuts (thanks Rubes!)
What to do
– Grab your (or someone else’s) food processor, chunk in the walnuts and blitz until fine.
– Add the dates, cocoa and vanilla extract and continue blitzing until smooth.
– With the food processor still running, start adding a little water at a time. You want the mix to be JUST sticking together so that it keeps it shape when its rolled into a ball.
– Grab a tray or plate and roll your balls. Big or small, whatever your preference! Roll them all about into your desired topping or keep plain jane, they are just as good!
– Whack them into the fridge to firm up for about an hour or so and then you’re good to get eating. These beauts will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week.