It’s almost Valentine’s Day and we’ve got you covered with a super easy last minute gift.
I will admit, I think Valentine’s Day is overrated. I don’t actively celebrate it and N is lucky he even gets a card from me (which reminds me.. cutting shit fine as per and I need to go and buy one!) BUT it has been fun to make themed stuff over the last few weeks with Miss I.
Just because I’m a Valentine’s grinch, doesn’t mean she needs to be one too, so we thought it would be a great idea to make some special treats for everyone in Nicks office. While the little lady didn’t take part in the chocolate dunking or sprinkling, she was the one to choose ALL of the sprinkles…. hell hath no fury than a toddler who wants the “pink long oblong ones”.
The best thing about these (aside from being cute and delicious) is they can be made a couple of days ahead of schedule! Pop them into an air tight container with baking paper dividers to prevent any stickage and keep them in a cool place.
Google is full of chocolate dipped pretzel inspiration and so the world is your oyster when it comes to decorating these yummies up.
What you’ll need
– Chocolate (we used milk)
– Food colouring
– Tray or plate
– Baking paper
– Cellophane bags or glad wrap or your mouth because lets face it, sweet and salty is an amazing combo!
What to do
– Line a tray with baking paper and melt your chocolate in a heat proof bowl either in the microwave or over a pot of boiling water until completely melted. If you are planning to add some colour to your melted chocolate, nows the time to add it. Add a few drops until you reach you desired colour and mix it all up.
– Grab some pretzels and get dunking! Scrape off any excess chocolate before popping onto the lined tray.
– Get yo sprinkle on and get sprinkling over that chocolate. Mix it up with 100’s and 1000’s, hearts, whatever floats your boat. Take my advice… hold the pretzels over a bowl to catch excess sprinkles otherwise you will be finding them for DAYS!
– Pop them off to the side to set and wait at least 1 hour before packaging up. If it is incredibly hot like it is here, pop them into the fridge.
– Once set, package them up however you choose and get gifting… or eat them… I won’t judge.