Its been a month and bit since I last wrote a blog but in the words of cool kids- “YOLO!” or something like that…. Shits been happening, sickness in the house and other various things haven’t given me much time to do stuff but we finally made something again! Admittedly, these are thank you/sorry muffins for friends whose toilet floor and wall got splattered in puke from the little miss on the weekend (first ever tummy bug!) but they are incredibly delicious so I couldn’t not share with you.
Miss I has been on a bit of a “wanting to make muffins” kick as of late.. which is weird because she doesn’t actually eat them, so we have been making muffin and popping them in the freezer for N’s daily lunches. They freeze incredibly well and help us save some money as N doesn’t have to buy one with his morning coffee- “better living everyone!”. Speaking off, my babes over at Ruby Blue makes the most amazingly pretty hair ties and which when you run out of twisty ties and rubber bands like I did yesterday, you can use them as bag sealers. Not only do I have pretty hair, but I also have a pretty pantry!
What you’ll need
– 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
– 1 cup caster sugar
– 2 cups rasberries (fresh or frozen)
– 1 cup (plus a little bit extra- you decide how much) white chocolate chips
– 100g butter
– 1 cup milk
– 1 egg slightly beaten
– Icing sugar for dusting
What to do
– Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line a 12 muffin tray with cases
– In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, raspberries and chocolate chips and mix well.
– Grab a seperate bowl and melt the butter. Add the milk then whisk in the egg
– Add the milky,buttery mix to the flour/rasberries etc and mix until just combined. You don’t want to over mix!
– Scoop into muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean
– Pop onto a wire rack to cool then dust with icing sugar
Enjoy sweet babeses!