Good Morning, Good Morning! I hope you have all had a wonderful week. Its Friday- YEEEEES!!!!! Tomorrow is Saturday (just incase you have trouble grasping the days of the week like I sometimes do!) which means it is a French Market excursion to get one of Als Deli’s AMAZING donuts. Miss I has been out for the count most of this week with her very first cold and has not been her usual happy self. Over the course of the last couple of days, I have learnt that a small human can produce A LOT of snot- this should not be possible! Thankfully she’s the end of hers while Nick and I are at the start of ours. Just in time for the weekend.. boo!
When I woke the little miss up after her nap yesterday, she asked if we could bake something as it had been a while- be still my beating heart! Not having much energy and a load of apples, we both agreed that this would be a delicious option. Not only is it super easy but it is also a perfect autumn soul warmer. The combination of the apples and cinnamon just make you feel all good inside even though its chilly out. Team this up with some ice cream or custard and you’ll be in heaven. Its like apple pie but in a brownie…. you know what I mean… lets just get on with it shall we?
What you’ll need
-125g melted butter
– 1 c caster sugar
– 1 egg
– 3 red apples, peeled, cored and sliced into thin bits
– 1 c standard flour
– 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, less if you don’t like it as much as we do!
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– icing sugar for dusting
Optional extras- walnuts and/or white chocolate chips
What to do
– Preheat the oven to 170 (155/150 fan, you know your oven best!) and line a brownie pan with baking paper.. or shove it in there like I do- Ain’t nobody got time to perfectly line a tin.
– In a bowl mix together the melted butter, sugar and egg until fluffy. Add in the chopped apples and mix em all up.
– Grab a seperate bowl and add the flour, salt, baking powder and soda as well as the cinnamon. Scoop in the apple mixture and mix until combined.
– Pop into the brownie pan and into the oven it goes for around 40 minutes or until a skewer in the middle comes out clean.
– Let it sit in the for a few before transferring to a wire rack. Once cool, dust with icing sugar, grab a cup of tea, a slice of brownie and sit down to relax for five. You deserve it!
Thats us for this week. We hope you all have a great weekend! Im off to sip my bucket of lempsip before getting Miss I up without trying to wake Nick. Poor bloke was up at 3am this morn making his own bucket of stuff to get him through the rest of the night. Fingers x her usual level of energy hasn’t returned yet so we can all have a quiet day. Thankfully, dreams are free! If you like our wrist candy this week, you can find them over at fav Ruby Blue– we love her!
(1 more month to go before the trees get cut and we get better lighting!)