Its therapy day and today’s therapy is getting to bake a cake alone, in peace without Miss I. Usually she would be included in the making of things but over the last three days- my sweet, little angelic girl has turned into a complete and utter asshole. I love her but she really is being an asshole. The little witch isn’t even three yet and we are already into the “terrorist threes”. Let me tell you, the terrible twos are a bunch of cute puppies compared to the the fucking terrorist threes!
We’ve tried the (because she’s high needs/gifted- basically just more labels to throw at something) “high needs approach”, the “regular approach” and the “gifted child approach” and now we are onto the “high needs and gifted approach” (????!) to taming this little demon. And before anyone suggests time out- don’t even get me started on that approach. I locked her in the toilet (because its the most boring room in the house) and when I opened the door to ask if she was ready to come out, she slammed it in my face and told me NO and that she did not want to talk to me and to top that.. she just told Nick to “drop this attitude”. Yep- i’ve spawned a monster. It is frustrating because 99% of the time, she’s a polite, well mannered and behaved child and we can go days without her being misbehaved or anything but that 1 % …….. fuck me. It better pass really fucking quickly or mummy is going to start having cocktails and happy pills for breakfast to help get through the day.
Demon child rant over- sorry guys! I really need to get out more!
On to the baking side of things- Nick is off to one of his clients tomorrow and they are approaching the end of their *insert technical name for what they are working on here* thing which happens every two weeks so they get morning tea tomorrow thanks to today’s therapy sesh. I’m hoping they only care about how it tastes and not how it looks so lets say…. its “rustically iced” because in all honesty, I got to 12pm and could no longer be fucked with today’s episode of life.
Cake makes everything better. Pineapple + coconut + cream cheese icing all mixed together in your mouth is AMAZING and theres really no other descriptive explanation needed. Go make it, its good- Promise! I think Miss I’s choice of wrist candy today is pretty bloody appropriate!
for the cake
– 1x 432g tin of pineapple rings, drained
– 115g butter softened
– 175g caster sugar
– 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
– 225g standard flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 40g desiccated coconut
for the icing
– 175g softened cream cheese
– 175g icing sugar
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan force) and grease (or be lazy like me and use silicone) a bundt pan.
– Drain off the pineapple rings (if you haven’t already), whack it into a food processor/blender and give them a wee blitz into smaller pieces and set aside.
– Grab a bowl and cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and yolk and mix until well combined.
– Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda over the mix and gently fold in followed by the pineapple and coconut.
– Scoop into your bundt pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool in the pan for 10 before transferring to a wire rack too cool completely.
– When cool, pop the icing sugar and cream cheese into a bowl and mix until well combined. Spread over your wee bundt cake then grab a knife, cut yourself a piece and enjoy!
Its trashy TV time! We hope you have an amazing rest of the week!