S’MORES PIES! S’MORES PIES! Da da da da doooooo da dah! I think I’m losing my shit. We stayed up until midnight last night putting together a wee early birthday pressie surprise for Miss I and I am yet to have copious amounts of caffeine circulate my veins. I hope you have all had an amazing start to the week. Ours has been relaxed and we’ve spent most of the week cleaning, decluttering and moving stuff around the house to make room. I’m rather excited about all of the pockets of empty space that are popping up.
My sister from another mister (lets call her K) popped over yesterday to hang with us and with it being her only day off from this week, she bravely jumped in the kitchen (last time I covered her in milk!) with me and helped put these little gems together. It was fun having her in the kitchen with me and I think we might have to turn Thursday baking with K into a weekly thing!
These itty bitty s’mores pies are easy peasy, delicious and oh so cute so lets get cracking!
What You’ll Need
– 40g butter plus a little extra for greasing
– 1 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
– 85g (about 7 biscuits) plain digestive biscuits, blitzed/crushed into crumbs
– 100g plain chocolate
– 1 Tbsp icing sugar
– 6 Tbsp double cream
– 40g mini marshmallows (we chopped them in half)
If you can’t find digestive bikkies for your wee s’mores pies then graham crackers or a plain vanilla biscuit will work well also!
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan force) and lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin with butter.
– Pop the butter into a pot or a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted. Stir in the peanut butter then add the mix biscuit crumb.
– Divide the mix equally between the holes and using a teaspoon, work the mixture around the base and sides to form a cup shape, pressing firmly as you go.
– Bake for about 6 mins or until slightly darker in colour. Leave to cool and harden in the tin for 10-15. If they puff up a little after baking, smoosh them back down again with a teaspoon before leaving to set.
– While you’re waiting for them to harden, switch the oven to grill, grab a heatproof bowl and either melt the chocolate in the microwave or a pot of simmering water. Stir in the icing sugar and gradually add in the cream.
– Fill your bikkie cases with the chocolatey mix and sprinkle your mallows on the top. Pop under the grill for a few until they have a wee bit of colour to them.
– Either leave to cool completely on the bench or chuck them into the fridge until set. Run a knife around the sides, pop those wee beauts out then shove one in your mouth otherwise you’ll miss out!
Enjoy babeses! Thats it from us this week- I’m off to find caffeine. Have a bloody lovely weekend!
As per, wrist candy is from our fav Ruby Blue and lighting not my friend. Lighting isn’t important when wrist candy is cute and s’mores pies are delish!