My hate for Monday’s still exists so I’m the Friday countdown already! 4.5 more days to go. We hope you had a lovely weekend and did nice stuff with nice people.
I’m still semi on a blogging break and posting things here and there but no blog baking has been taking place in this house as of late! It’s been a battle of the colds this winter and I’m FINALLY starting to get over these infectious preschooler germs. I have never had so many fucking colds in a short amount of time and apparently next year it’s not supposed to be as bad? This better be true because Lemsip and Panadol are starting to become a staple in my diet and it is getting quite expensive!
Over the past month, I’ve been attempting to by cut back on the amount of macarons/redbull/chocolate/everything I consume and have been experimenting with intermittent fasting. A bud of mine raved about it and so I thought why not give it a whirl. I followed it religiously for about two weeks straight and i’ll admit, I felt bloody AMAZING. We then went away for four days, I got sick, blah blah blah and I went back to bad habits to help get me through dealing with a 3yo who needs constant stimulation whilst trying not to cough up my lungs and blow snot all over the show. Nice mental picture right? #hotmess #notevenhotjustamess
This week is all about trying to get back into it whilst still pandering to my sweet tooth.. in a healthy way. That tooth is how this blog got started after all. I am an avid smoothie lover as is Miss I and I find its a great way to load us up on nutrients either when we are on the go or not feeling our best. I found this recipe in the back of a book or magazine (which I will reference when I find it again in this bottomless pit of a house) and tweaked it a little but I shit you not… this will blow your mind, especially if you are a lover of the carrot cake.
What you’ll need
– 1 cup/250mls milk; either full (don’t use this if you want a paleo/clean smoothie), any nuts you can milk such as almond, cashew or coconut, soy- whatever floats your wee boat.
– 1 large banana, frozen
– 1 large carrot, grate a little bit of the end for decoration
– 2 Tbsp oats
– 2 Tbsp coconut
– 1/2 tsp of cinnamon or a little more if you prefer
– pinch each of ginger and nutmeg
– 5 walnuts plus one or two for the top
What to do
– Grab all of your ingredients, chop up your carrot into chunks, whack into the blender and blitz until smooth. That fucking easy!
– Either pour it into a glass or a bowl because apparently thats cool at the moment (no offence to smoothie bowl eaters, I’m only just catching up). Garnish with some extra coconut, a little grated carrot and some walnuts and hey presto- cake you can feel good about drinking! It’s not as weird as it sounds.. promise.
Right lovely folks, that’s actually it. There is no more words to add to this because I have none. Have a great start to your week wherever you are in this world. I’m off to get making paint, witchy worms (blog coming soon!) and build a solar system with the mini human. If you get busy wit dis’, make sure you let me know your thoughts.
Wish me luck!