HAPPY 1st DAY OF SUMMER! Winter if you are in the north.. maybe not so happy but at least you get to wear cute knitted jumpers and boots right?!
Today was a shocker of a day for tons of different reasons but this arvo, I grabbed the shitty attitude filled child, plonked her out on the deck and told her to lighten the fuck up and enjoy making stuff. That stuff being Christmas Marshmallow Snowmen because today is my birthday, I’ve been up since 3am and I was not in the mood for complicated activities.
I’ve stopped trying to fight the whole “don’t do Christmas themed shit” and I am rolling with it because Miss I is loving it. Our Christmas tree is up, there is Christmas decorations everywhere and the carols are flowing freely. What the fuck has happened to me?! They might be a little bit wonky (and our pink one looks slightly creepy) and so un-fancy, it’s not funny but these Christmas Marshmallow Snowmen are super cute, quick and easy to make, rather delicious and should hopefully keep the kiddos occupied long enough for you to have a cuppa.
Ok, lets get cracking so I can smash back my birthday pizza!
What you’ll need
– a bag of marshmallows (we even used the pink ones because we don’t discriminate when it comes to marshmallow colour)
– mini rolos (if you’re in NZ, they come in a tube which I grabbed from The Warehouse. Found them near all of the Christmas candy)
– edible food colouring pens in black and orange
What to do
– Depending on how many you want to make, count out three marshmallows, one rolo for the hat and a toothpick for each of them.
– Grab your edible food pens and draw on the face, arms and buttons for your little Christmas marshmallow snowmen.
– Place a marshmallow with buttons on the bottom and insert your toothpick. Pop on the middle marshmallow (the one with arms and buttons) followed by the head! Top with a mini rolo for the hat and you’re done and dusted!
If you’re on the ole Facebook, make sure you head over to the Hey Little Sweet Thing Facebook page and give us a wee like. We are taking part in our first 12 days of Christmas with 11 other amazing kiwi mummy bloggers and we will be sharing their Christmas themed posts as well as ours over the next 12 days!