With Christmas only two weeks away, it’s all “we’re having a Christmas party, bring a plate” to this and that and 5 million other things especially if you’ve got a young child/children. If you read our Christmas Chocolate Cupcake post on Thursday you’ll know that I like to make it look like i’ve put in a ton of effort when really.. I haven’t. The hardest part about making these Rudolph the Reindeer biscuits is waiting for them to set!
I made these earlier in the week as a wee surprise for Miss I since she had slept through the night (something she hasn’t done for about a month!) and these knocked her bloody socks off. I think partly because she was excited that she was getting her first chocolate biscuit in about 6 months but I’d like to think it was because I spent time making her something special.
The kiddo has her preschool Christmas party next week and guess who’s going to be wowing even more kids? Me. Guess who will probably be hated by the parents? Me. Zero fucks are going to be given because it will be the week before Christmas and all fucks go out the window!
What you’ll need
– round chocolate biscuits (we used digestives but any will work!)
– jaffas or red M&Ms
– a few squares of milk chocolate for melting
– candy eyes or marshmallows
What to do
– Depending on how many you’re making, lay out your biscuits, two pretzels per reindeer, a red nose for each as well as 2 candy eyes.
– Pop your chocolate into a microwave safe bowl or a glass bowl over a pot of water and gently melt.
– Grab a spoon or a toothpick and dab a bit of your melted chocolate on to the back of your pretzels and stick to your chocolate bikkie. Repeat the process for your nose and eyes.
– Either leave them at room temp (takes about 2 hours) or pop into the fridge until everything is stuck in place.
Nailing this festive shit right?!
We hope you’ve had an amazing weekend! See you back on the 13th for a round up of our Kiwi Mummy Bloggers 12 days of Christmas roundup!