With Christmas only a couple of days away, it’s a last minute dash to craft up any Christmas related shit ready for the big day! N is on holiday for three weeks so I have been roping him in to the afternoon homeschool sessions because why would I not?! There was a little resistance yesterday when it came to crafting. N was like “Am I on school holiday programme?”. The answer to that was “Yes, now shut the fuck up and stick some shit on some popsicle sticks and make some Christmas trees please.”
Popsicle stick Christmas trees are a little bit cute and super easy to make. Ain’t nobody want any hard stuff four days before Christmas. You can switch it up and use multiple colours or use whatever kind of decorations you want- it’s you’re masterpiece!
We only used one colour per tree as Miss I and her OCD would have lost their shit. I personally would have gone for a rainbow coloured Christmas tree but decided that it was better to keep what little sanity I have left than argue with a 3.5 year old because the colours weren’t the same.
I wish I was joking.
What you’ll need
– PVA glue or a hot glue gun
– Popsicle sticks
– Scissors or a craft knife
– Stick on gems/rhinestones (keep the glue around if you’re not using the sticky ones)
Optional extra- twine for hanging
What to do
– Grab your popsicle sticks and cut them to size. You’ll want an uncut one for the truck, a couple of long ones for the base of the tree and a couple of shorter ones for the middle and top. If you’re not sure what the hell I’m on about then see picture 2 because I can’t quite seem to find words.
– Evenly-ish space out your sticks (longest at the bottom, shortest at the top) and pop some glue on to the back and fix them on to the trunk. Let them dry completely before decorating. If you’re wanting to add twine for hanging, cut your twine to length, stick it onto the top of the stick and pop an off cut over the top to keep it in place.
– Decorate with your gems/rhinestones/decorations and Bobs you’re uncle.
See- easy as AND it kept both the kids quiet for 30 minutes. I mean, it was a great bonding session for N and Miss I…. He admitted this morning that he had fun.
Whack them on the Christmas tree or give them as gifts to the G-parents and boom- nailing Christmas shit once more!
If you have Snapchat, please do come join us over on @heylittlesweets to help keep our sanity over the next week and join in on our festive activities. If you craft these up yourselves, please tag us on IG (@heylittlesweets) so we can see your beautiful creations!
Have a WONDERFUL Christmas!