Everyone loves a bloody good chocolate chip cookie and I’m going to make a bit of a bold statement here and say that this really is the only recipe you will ever need in your life! It’s versatile, delicious and well.. just downright amazing to be honest. Think Subway chocolate chip cookie but slightly better because… you made them yourself.
If you have followed us for a while, you will know that we are huge fans of Pepper & Me and we absolutely adore Cherie and Miss P! We use her spice pastes and grinds at almost every meal. There is no turning back once you start using them! Your food life will be empty. I was experimenting in the kitchen with the grinds a while back when I thought I would just try the Whatevz Mum grind on a fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookie. Happiness filled my dark, dark soul and from that day forward, I would never make another batch of plain chocolate chip cookies again.
If you’re feeling adventurous, chuck on a sprinkle of Pepper & ME Whatevz Mum grind or Bakers Grind! You know how sweet and salty go together? Salty pringles and milk chocolate OR Mc Donald’s fries dunked in a chocolate sundae (I don’t care what N says, it does!!!)? This plus + Whatevz Mum grind= party in yo mouth. You have the sweet and salty combo with a surprise little amazing flavour at the end! I’m not going to like and say that these will be everyones cup of tea because I know they won’t. But, if you like magically, weird, delicious food, then you will LOVE these.
DO IT! DO IT NOW!
What you’ll need
– 170g unsalted butter, melted
– 185g brown sugar
– 110g white sugar
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 1 egg
– 1 egg yolk
– 250g self-raising flour
– 2 cups dark chocolate chips or small chocolate drops
variations- white chocolate and cranberry, pistachio and dark chocolate chip
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 165 degrees celsius (145 degrees fan force) and line two baking trays with baking paper. If you only have one, thats cool too!
– In a medium-ish sized bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar with a electric mixer.
– Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Sift in your flour and give it a mix until just blended.
– Grab your chocolate chips, pop them into the bowl and give them a good stir with a wooden spoon.
– Drop big, round tablespoons of the dough onto the tray (I use an ice cream scoop), leaving a decent sized gap between them as they spread while cooking. If your adding some grind, do it now!
– Pop them into the oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown.
– Cool on baking trays for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Make sure you head on over and follow Pepper & Me on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat (pepperandmenz)! Her snapchat is filled with the most amazingly delicious food/recipe inspo and one day, I’m going to invite myself to live at her house because I don’t want to miss out on anything she makes. Creepy? Probably. I know you’ll feel the same way after watching her snaps! Please also pop along and visit her website! There is a ton of recipes which incorporate her amazing spice pastes and grinds and if you grab anything, make sure you tell her we sent ya!
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : Cookies