I had a major hankering for granola yesterday so I felt like it was only right to fulfil it…right? After cleaning and organising the pantry pretty much all day, I NEEDED to make something delicious and Pecan Granola it was!
We are granola lovers in this house and the one thing I love most about this one is that it is refined sugar free! We eat it on its own, sprinkled over yoghurt (or ice cream) or fresh fruit, i’ve used as a topping for muffins and also in a cookie mix. When it comes to eating Pecan Granola, the world is your oyster. It makes a perfect on the snack go not only for busy parents but also busy kids- big and little. Miss I polished a big chunk of it off today after preschool!
It’s super easy to make, doesn’t take a whole lot of time AND it goes amazing with pretty much everything! Did I mention it’s refined sugar free?!
What you’ll need
– 180g rolled oats
– 115g pecans, roughly chopped
– 45g sunflower seeds
– 2 Tbsp runny honey
– 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– pinch of salt
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 150 degrees c (130 fan force) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
– Grab a bowl and chuck all of your ingredients in and mix with your hands until everything is well coated!
– Spread your Pecan Granola mix onto the baking tray and pop into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
– Once done, leave to cool completely on the tray before breaking up into pieces and eating! It wont last very long but it will keep for up to two weeks in an airtight container.