I am a sucker for anything Salted Caramel and on Sunday night, I gave my little Snapchat fam two options to pick from. They could either have the recipe for a Chocolate Fudge Slice OR they could have the recipe for this Easy Peasy Salted Caramel Brownie. I’m not sure if the title of this gives it away but the Easy Peasy Salted Caramel Brownie won!
Making caramel can be a pain in the ass so we are taking the easy route with this and using something that comes in a tin. While it might not look as good as homemade caramel (it’s rustic yo), sprinkle some sea salt on that shit and no one will care.This Easy Peasy Salted Caramel Brownie is quick to whip up and the hardest part about it is waiting for it to cool.
It’s perfectly salty. Perfectly chocolatey. Perfectly fudgy.
It’s actually just perfect!
What you’ll need
– 300g unsalted buter
– 300g Whittakers dark chocolate
– 6 eggs
– 370g caster sugar
235g plain flour
– 65g cocoa powder
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 380g tin caramel condensed milk (if you make your own, it takes the easy peasy out of it!)
– 2 Tbsp sea salt
optional extra- dark chocolate for sprinkling
What to do
– Preheat oven to 170 degrees (150 fan force) and line a 25cm x 35cm tin with baking paper.
– Melt the butter and chocolate together either in the microwave or in a pot on a low heat.
– Pop your sugar and eggs into a bowl and beat them together until they are pale and creamy. Slowly add in your melted chocolate/butter mixture and mix.
– Sift your flour and cocoa, add in your vanilla and mix until everything is combined.
– Pour the brownie mix into your lined tin, crack open your tin of caramel and show that brownie who’s boss by dolloping caramel all over it! If you you’re adding extra chopped chocolate, nows the time to sprinkle it over as well as the sea salt.
– Bake for 30-45 minutes (depending on how fudgy you want your brownie). Once it’s done, pop it off to the side and leave it to cool into the tin. Cut into slices and enjoy that easy peasy salted caramel goodness in your mouth!
Rip a chunk off while it is still warm…. do it. I promise you won’t regret it!