I am always looking for ways to change up Izzy’s lunchbox and Mini Muffin Tin Pizza Cups have been a hit since the first time we made them! Even Nick gets in on the pizza cup action… two kids guys, two kids.
These little gems are a great way to use up leftovers and you can sneak a few extra veggies into the kids because hey, it’s pizza and pizza is life no matter how big or small it is.
The options are endless for Mini Muffin Tin Pizza Cups. You can have spaghetti and cheese, ham, cheese and pineapple, vegetarian, chicken and pineapple! Whatever you’ve got in the fridge an pantry will do and will have you sorted for lunches for a couple of days.
What you’ll need
– wholemeal/grain/GF wraps or tortillas
– pizza or tomato sauce
– pizza toppings- anything and everything goes! We used ham, cheese and spinach.
– grated cheese
– a bit of olive oil or coconut oil for greasing
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 200 degrees c (180 fan force) and lightly grease a muffin tin with olive oil or coconut oil.
– Using a glass rim or a circle cookie cutter, cut rounds out of your wrap. I get about 8 mini pizzas bases out of one wrap.
– Add yo sauce, sprinkle on your pizza toppings then carefully pop your pizza bases into your muffin tin.
– Sprinkle with a bit of grated cheese and pop into the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are crispy and the cheese has melted.
These Mini Muffin Tin Pizza Cups will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days and can either be eaten cold or reheated once.