HAPPY FIRST BAKING TOGETHER MONDAY!!!! It has been an awesome day seeing all of your Pepper & Me Cheesy Muffs! Thank you so so much for joining me- it was heaps of fun being able to bake along side you in the virtual world!
If you have been a long time follower of ours, your will know that we are HUGE fans of Pepper & Me products, especially Man Rub! I use it on everything I can. It’s bloody delicious and it goes oh so perfectly with Kumara Fries and Cheesy Muffs. It just adds this smokey delicious bbq-ness to everything. HEAVEN IN YOUR MOUTH!!!!
Nick is a huge lover of the savoury muff so for him, I always make them extra cheesy. Gotta keep the man coming back for MY muffs right?! Thankfully, they are super easy to make and you can have Pepper & Me Cheesy Muffs in your hand within 45 minutes. Be sure to pop butter on them while they’re still warm. You’ll thank me later.
What you’ll need
– 300g plain flour
– 4 tsp baking powder
– 150g tasty cheese + extra for sprinkling
– 250mls milk
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup canola or sunflower oil
– 1 1/2 tsp of Pepper & Me Man Rub + extra for sprinkling
– 12 hole muffin tin
– oil or butter for greasing or paper muffin cases
optional extra- 2-3 rashers of bacon, rind off and cut into little bits
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 200 degrees c (180 fan force) and grease a muffin tine or line with paper cases.
– Pop all of your ingredients (minus the extra cheese and pepper and me for sprinkling) into a large bowl and mix until just combined.
– Divide the muffin mix evenly between your cases and into the oven they go for 15-18 minutes.
– While they’re cooking, grab your extra cheese and man rub and give it a wee mix together.
– Pull your cheesy muffs out of the oven about 2 minutes before they’re due to finish cooking and sprinkle a little of the mix on top of each muffin. Return to the oven to finish them off.
– Once done, remove them from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5-10 before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. These beauts will keep for a few days in an airtight container or pop them into the freezer for up to a month.
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : Muffins