Farl is flatbread and is traditionally made with potatoes BUT not only is Kumara slightly better for you, it makes Farl even more delicious than what it already is!
Kumara (or potato) Farl is designed to be eaten WITH something. Poach or fry and egg and pop that on top, chuck on some bacon and pesto and you’ve got yourself a meal designed for either breakfast, lunch or dinner.
What you’ll need
– 4 red kumara or potatoes
– 4 Tbsp plain flour- you can use GF + extra for dusting
– sprinkling of salt or Pepper & Me Whatevz Mum + extra for sprinkling
– 1 Tbsp melted butter
What to do
– Chop up your kumara or potatoes and chuck them in a pot, fill with water and boil them until they are nice and soft.
– Give them a good mash until there is no more lumps.
– Add in your 4 TBSP flour, sprinkling of salt and melted butter and mix until you form a dough.
– Lightly flour a bench and knead for a minute or two. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out until you have something that resembles a circle or rectangle (25cms max)
– Cut your Farl into quarters, pop into a floured frying pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
– Whack on a plate, sprinkle with salt or Whatevz Mum, top it with your choice of toppings and you’re good to go!
Tags : Dinner Ideas