After being up most of the night with the kid, the only two good things about today- is Baking Monday and these Double Choc Chip Oat Cookies! Little humans are sent to test us both mentally, physically and emotionally and I feel like if I was to be captured and hostage, I would totally ace the whole sleep deprivation torture thing.They’d eventually give up and let me go due to my amazing endurance!
I bloody love Baking Monday’s!!! It is so awesome to be able to bake along with you guys and see your creations. Last week was a little bit crap so I felt like we all needed some chocolate in our lives. These Double Choc Chip Oat Cookies are not the most pretty looking but they sure are bloody delicious.
Double Choc Chip Oat Cookies are soft, fudgy and the perfect wee treat to put in your mouth on a Monday!
What you’ll need
– 115g unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 235g packed dark brown sugar
– 1 large egg at room temperature
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 70g plain flour
– 35g cocoa powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– 170g rolled oats
– 190g chocolate chips
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 175 degrees c (155 fan force) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
– In a large bowl (either use a cake mixer or electric beaters) beat together the butter and the brown sugar until pale yellow and fluffy (about 3 minutes) then add the egg and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
– Sift in your flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt. Add in the oats and chocolate chips and mix until just combined. Make sure you scrape down the sides of the bowl.
– Drop a tablespoons of cookie dough onto your baking tray making sure they’re spaced about 5cms apart.
– Bake for about 11 minutes, until the cookies appear set and are no longer wet looking. They will look super soft but will firm up as they cool. If you want a crispier cookie, bake for 2-3 minutes longer.
– Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for 5 before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. These beauties will keep in an airtight container for a couple of days!
Tags : COOKIES