It’s quite hard to show how fluffy this Fluffy Slime really is but it is like playing with a non sticky marshmallow!
This is such an awesome wee texture to explore while doing a bit of chemistry. I added a bit more borax to ours to firm it up a little so Izzy could adjust to the texture and I’m glad I did because we got to celebrate a first! The kiddo went and bloody wrapped it around her arm and wrist. It’s the little things right?!
Fluffy Slime will give not only your kiddo/s hours of fun but you as well! It’s a perfect de-stress tool!
What you’ll need
– 250mls warm water
– 1 tsp borax
– 1/2 cup PVA glue (use the cheap stuff from $2 shop or The Warehouse. Nothing branded, cheap as chips stuff works the best)
– 1/2 cup foaming hand soap (not the regular liquid hand soap but the one that comes out of the dispenser as a foam)
– 1/2 cup shaving foam
– 2 Tbsp hand or body moisturiser
– 1 Tbsp cornflour
– food colouring
What to do
– Mix 1 tsp of borax into 250mls of warm water and give it a good stir until the borax has dissolved. Pop this off to the side. You won’t need all of this to make slime but it’s easier to make it up in this amount rather than trying to guess the correct borax to water ratio to make each batch. You’ll have enough borax/water solution leftover to make a few more batches of slime.
– In an old bowl or a bowl you no longer wish to use, add 1/2 a cup of PVA glue, 1/2 a cup of shaving foam and 1/2 a cup of foaming hand wash. Give this a really good mix!
– Pop in your cornflour, moisturiser and food colouring. Mix again.
– Add in TWO tsp’s of the borax solution and mix. You will see a wee change in appearance. Continue adding a tsp of borax solution at a time until your slime can be kneaded. It can take anywhere between 8-10 tsps in total.
– Pop it onto a tray and get playing!