HAPPY HUMP DAY! I feel like Peanut Butter Cookies are an awesome way to celebrate mid week. The ass of Friday is in sight! I do love me a piece of dat Friday ass.
I’m a peanut butter freak. I eat it with carrots and celery, on crumpets and toast and… by the spoonful. It has to be crunchy though. I aint got time for that boring, no personality smooth PB.
These Peanut Butter Cookies are a rather simple yet bloody delicious cookie to make and you don’t need to have a whole bunch of fancy ingredients on hand. They’re a little on the soft side and fudgy side but they have this sweet and “just enough hint” of PB that comes through with every bite.
What you’ll need
– 115g unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 105g caster sugar
– 85g brown sugar
– 115g crunchy peanut butter
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 240g plain flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 175 degrees c (155 fan force) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
– Cream together your butter, caster sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
– Beat in your peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract.
– Fold in your flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
– Scoop about 2 TBSP worth of cookie dough and roll it into a wee ball. Pop onto your tray and repeat. I like to bake 6 cookies at a time just to ensure that they have enough room on the tray to spread. Give the tops of your cookie balls a wee squish with a fork.
– Pop into the oven for 10-12 minutes before removing from the oven to firm up on the tray for 5. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once your cookies have cooled, chuck them into an airtight container and they’ll keep for a few days!