With an abundance of apples in our fridge, I decided that last night was the night to do something with them. Not wanting to commit to baking something like a brownie or muffins, I decided to have a go at turning them into chips. BEST. DECISION. EVER
Crispy Cinnamon Apple Chips are a new fave in this house and are a perfect way to use up all of those bloody apples in the fruit draw/bowl. They are a healthier alternative to chippies, make for a perfect lunchbox filler and they’re bloody magically delicious. I feel like this is the perfect way to trick kids into eating things that are good for them. “WHAT! It’s not an apple, it’s an apple chip. You’re having chippies!!!!!!” #toteswelcome
Cinnamon and apple go together like PB and jam so make sure you’ve got a shit ton of apples and cinnamon on hand because you’ll want to make a whole lot of these!
What you’ll need
– a few apples
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 110 degrees c (90 degrees fan force) and grab a metal oven tray. (Don’t line or grease it!)
– Finely slice your apple using a mandolin or that slicey bit-thing (totally the correct name for it) on the side of a cheese grater.
– Sprinkle your tray with some cinnamon, arrange the apples in a single layer on your tray and sprinkle with more cinnamon on top.
– Pop your tray into the oven for 40-60 minutes, turning the apples slices over half way through.
– Transfer them to a wire rack to crisp up and cool completely. They’ll be soft when you take them off the tray but they will crisp up as they cool.
– Chuck them in an airtight container (i.e your stomach) or eat them straight away