With the weather being crappy and cold, the only way to deal with it is to rug up, drink cups of tea and eat Choc Chip Oat Cookies! Cookies are in my top 3 to make and this recipe is one of Nicks favourite.
These Choc Chip Oat Cookies are the perfect tin filler and should last you at least a couple of days. They are very similar to The Only Chocolate Chip Cookie You’ll Ever Need but with a wee oaty twist!
Not only are they so super easy to make but they are soft, chewy and oh so bloody delicious and I guarantee you that they will become a new fave in your house!
What you’ll need
– 250g unsalted butter, softened
– 305g packed brown sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 egg
– 185g oats
– 225g plain flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 cup chocolate chips
– Preheat your oven to 175 degrees c (155 fan force) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
– Add in your oats, flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
– Drop tablespoonfuls onto your cookie tray making sure they are spaced about 5cm apart as they need room to spread.
– Whack them into the oven and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let them firm up on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.ENJOY!