Shaving Foam Cupcakes are a bit of an art project and sensory activity rolled into one.
Izzy LOVES making cupcakes and has the most amazing (and sometimes weird) flavour ideas but alas, I don’t always want to bake so shaving foam comes in handy. We work a lot with shaving foam around here as it is one of the textures that Izzy struggles with so Shaving Foam Cupcakes are a regular!
If you’re using edible sprinkles and don’t want a whole heap of mess on your hands… get the kids to craft them up on the bath or shower and wash em all when they have finished!
What you’ll need
– shaving foam (just grab the cheap stuff from the supermarket!)
– cake sprinkles or other decorations such as pom pomps, beads, cut up bits of wool etc
– muffin tray, plastic cups or plastic containers
– food colouring (optional)
What to do
– Grab your tray, cups or containers and fill them with shaving foam, making sure you swirl the top as if you were icing a cupcake… or something like that.
– DECORATE! Let the kids at it with the sprinkles or decorations. They can go to town and craft up their own unique cupcakes.
– Take photos because hell hath no fury than a 4 year old who can’t eat a shaving foam cupcake.
Be sure to scrap the decorations etc into the rubbish bin before rising off the remaining shaving foam.