We’ve made a few edible slimes before such as the Taste Safe Metamucil Slime and the 3 Ingredient Yoghurt Slime but this, this is a winner. Hot Chocolate Slime might look like a bit of a bad experience at a F rated seafood restaurant but it is rather delicious!
Slime is an awesome texture for kids to explore but the best part about this one is, kids of all ages (8 months +) can play with this as it is completely taste safe and edible. It is in the top 3 of Izzy’s favourite slimes to eat! Don’t eat it all in one go though as it is full of fibre which could cause you or the kids to be a bit bunged up the in bum region!
Hot Chocolate Slime is best played with on the day you make it, however, it can be made the night before, stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge. Pull it out an hour or so before you want to play with it and let it come up to room temperature. You could jazz it up a little bit by adding a handful of edible sprinkles.
What you’ll need
– 1 Tbsp Metamucil/psyllium husk
– 1 cup cold water
– 1/2 cup hot chocolate (Cadburys)
What to do
– Grab a microwave safe bowl, add in your Metamucil/psyllium husk and hot chocolate and give it a good whisk.
– Pour in your cold water and give it a really good mix.
– Whack your bowl in the microwave and zap it on high for 3 minutes. Give it a good stir and then pop it back in for another minute.
– Tip your slime out onto a tray or plate and leave it to cool completely before playing with and eating!