I‘m all for giving treats.. but of the healthy kind and Chickpea Brownie Bites are just that! Chickpeas are an amazing little pulse. They’re full of plant based protein and fibre, calcium, vitamin k, iron and many more vitamins and minerals.
Chickpea Brownie Bites make for a perfect wee treat or lunchbox filler for kiddos that will keep their tums happy! While we used chocolate chunks, you can make these wee beauts a completely refined sugar free by leaving these out. Mix in some walnuts or cashsews instead!
What you’ll need
– 400g tin of chickpeas
– 80mls pure maple syrup
– 125g nut or seed butter (Ceres make an awesome jar of both)
– 2 TBSP ground flaxseed (blitz these in a blender before adding to the mix)
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
Optional extras – walnuts, cashews, dark chocolate chips etc.
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c/160 fan force. If you are wanting to make bites, lightly grease a silicone muffin tin. If you’re wanting to make a brownie, grease and line and square brownie tin with baking paper.
– Pop all of your ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
– Mix through your optional extras with a wooden spoon if you’re adding any. We placed a few dark chocolate chunks on top.
– For the bites, 1/2 fill your muffin holes with the mixture. For a brownie, pop the mixture into your tin and spread it out as evenly as possible.
– Whack into the oven for 25-30 minutes before leaving to cool in the tin/tray! These will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram