I know that some people are going to see “glacé cherries” and be like “EWWWWW NO!!!!!” but this Chocolate, Coconut and Cherry Slice is one of those “don’t knock it till ya try it” kinda things.
Jo Seager has been a big inspiration of mine ever since I started baking so when I got given one of her books for my birthday last year, I was a tad excited! This Chocolate, Coconut and Cherry Slice was one of the first recipes I saw when I was flicking through and I knew I had to add it to the list to make.
I am all about slices at the moment and he combination of chocolate, coconut and glacé cherries make for a delcious wee sweet treat.
What you’ll need
– 300g Whittakers 62% dark chocolate, broken into bite size pieces
– 1 egg, at room temperature
– 110g caster sugar
– 300g glacé cherries, chopped up (2 packets)
– 80g shredded coconut
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan force)and grease and line a 20cm by 30cm slice tin with baking paper.
– Grab your chocolate and sprinkle into the bottom of your baking tin and pop it into the oven for 6-7 minutes or until your chocolate has melted. Using a spatula, spread the melted chocolate evenly around the bottom of the tin and into the fridge it goes.
– In a bowl, beat together your egg and caster sugar. Mix in your cherries and coconut.
– Spread the mix over your chocolate base and pop it into the oven for 20 minutes.
– Leave to cool in the tin then pop it into the fridge before cutting into slices! This beaut will keep for up to a week in the fridge.