After whipping up a Chocolate, Cherry and Coconut Slice on Monday, I had some left over chocolate as well as some aquafaba and because I hate wasting perfectly good ingredients, I HAD to make this delcious 3 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse!
Aquafaba is a magical juice that most people throw out when they open a tin of chickpeas. It is a perfect egg and egg white subsititute and can be used to make a variety of different things such as this 3 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse and vegan aioli!
3 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse is super easy to make and because it uses dark chocolate which is proven to be good for you and aquafaba, it’s totally a healthy chocolate mousse.
What you’ll need
– the aquafaba/brine from one tin of chickpeas (about 240mls)
– 140g 62% dark chocolate (use vegan if you want to make this 100% vegan friendly)
– 1 TBSP caster sugar
non vegan toppings
– grated chocolate
– whipped cream
– fresh, frozen or dried raspberries
– grated vegan chocolate
What to do
– Break up your chocolate and pop it into a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir gently until your chocolate is all melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
– Wether you are using a handheld mixer or a stand mixer, wipe your bowl out and your utensils down with vinegear. If there is a slight bit of grease on either of these things, your aquafaba wont whip properly.
– Pop your aquafaba into a bowl and whip until stiff peaks form. Aquafaba cannot be overwhipped so whip it as much as you need to! To check that you have stiff peaks, flip your bowl upside down! If they stay in place- theyre stiff! If they move, even the slightest- keep whipping.
– With your mixer still in whip mode, add in your caster sugar. If the sugar causes your stiff peaks to collapse, keep whipping until they perk back up again.
– Grab your chocolate and make sure it is cool to the touch. If it is still slgihtly warm, it will create a grainy texture to the mousse. There is nothing wrong with it, it just means that everytime you have a spoonful, you’ll get little chocoalte bits.
– GENTLY fold through your chocolate mousse. You will find that everything will start to delfate and it will turn into a runny, pourable mix. This is perfectly normal!
– Divide your mix between a couple of glasses and pop into the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours. Serve with whatever toppings you choose!