Whats better than portobello mushrooms? Cheesy Garlic Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms of course!
I would never touch mushrooms up until a few years ago. I felt like I had to practice what I preached when I encouraged Izzy to try new foods and ever since then, I cant get enough of them… especailly if theyre filled with garlic and mozarella cheese.
Mushrooms are AMAZING! Not only are they great source of selendium, potassiu, zinc, vitamin b6 and protein but they are a great meat substitue for when you’re enduligng in a meat free dinner!
What you’ll need
– 5-6 portobello mushrooms
– 2 tsp crushed garlic (you can use less if you’re not a garlic fan)
– 1 small onion, diced
– 1 cup mozarella, grated plus a little extra for sprinkling
– 1/2 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
– 1/2 tsp oregeno
– 1/4 tsp salt
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 200 degrees c (180 fan force) and line a baking tray with paper. Arrange your mushies on the tray and when the oven has come up to temperature, bake them for 8-10 minutes.
– Take the stems off your mushrooms and dice them finely. Whack them into a wee frying pan with the garlic, onion and a little bit of olive oil. Fry until the onion is nice and soft.
– In a small bowl, add in your breadcrumbs with about a tablespoon of water just to soften the bread crumbs up a little bit. Add in your mozaralla, oregeno and salt and give it a good mix. Stir in your onion, garlic and mushrooms stems.
– Pull those shrooms out of the oven and evenly divide your stuffing mix between them. Sprinkle with a little extra mozaralla and pop them back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
– Serve with a wee side salad or eat them as is!