I’ll admit, I had something savoury planned but after thinking about it over and over again, I decided that PB and Cacao Bliss Balls were the way to go! They may look like little nut filled nuggets of poop (Thanks G, some friend you are!) but they’re bloody delcious.
Bliss balls are an awesome wee treat packed full of healthy goodies. Not only is cacao powder packed full of antioxidants BUT with the milx of almonds, linseed and sesame seeds, you are getting a wee hit of iron, vitamin B6, magnesium and calcium. They are great for a snack on the go or in the lunchbox to keep those little tums happy.
If you are after a nut free alternative to these PB and Cacao Bliss Balls, check out our Nut Free Choco Seed Bliss Balls.
What you’ll need
– 20 dates
– 1 TBSP cacao or cocoa powder
– 2 tsp linseed (flax seed)
– 2 tsp sesame seeds
– 2 TBSP crunchy PB
– 90g natural almonds ($4 at coutndown for a 200g bag)
– 1-5 TBSP runny honey
What to do
– Pop your dates, cacao/cocoa powder, linseeds, sesame seeds and PB into a food processor or blender and blitz until you have a paste.
– Add in your almonds and pulse in burts until you’ve got a coarse but slightly sticky mixture. If it is a bit on the dry side, add a little bit more honey at a time until you’ve got a good consistency for rolling balls in your hands.
– Roll into balls, pop onto a plate and whack them into the firdge to firm up a little.
– Keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week!