If you are a lover of the ole PB and chocolate mixed together, then you will LOVE these Flourless Choc PB Muffs! Not only are they super quick and easy to whip up (like 5 mins!) but they’re bloody delcious and on the moist side. Ya’ll know you love a moist muff.
Flourless Chocolate PB Muffs make for a perfect addition to a lunch box (not a good idea if you have to pack a nut free lunch box of course) or snack plate and will keep those little tums happy without a whole bunch of refined sugar.
Oat flour is nothing fancy. It’s just rolled oats that have been blitzed in a food processor/blender. I just chuck 1/2 a cup in a blender then pop the flour into an airtight container for future use. You’ll end up making a fair few batches of these! If you don’t have apple puree on hand then you can use extra yoghurt as a substitute. Just use the same amount of extra yoghurt as you would apple puree.
What you’ll need
– 65g greek yoghurt
– 70g apple puree
– 1 egg
– 135g peanut butter
– 2 TBSP oat flour
– 1 TBSP brown sugar
– 25g cocoa powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 5 TBSP chocolate chips plus extra for sprinking
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 175 degrees c (155 fan force) and spray a muffin tin with non stick spray/oil. If you haven’t already blitzed your oats, do this now.
– In a bowl, add in your greek yoghurt, apple puree, egg and peanut butter. Beat it all together until it is all well combined.
– Grab a small bowl and whack in your oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and powder and salt. Whisk it all together and gently fold this into your wet ingredients. Just like a regular muff, you don’t want to overmix.
– Fill your muff tin 2/3 of the way full, sprinkle on a few extra chocolate chips and pop into the oven for 18 minutes. You should get 9 little Flourless Choco PB Muffs. Leave to sit in the tin for 5 before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Will keep in an airtight container for a few days.