Because we find that refined sugar has a bit of an impact on Izzy’s behaviour and general mood, I don’t want her to miss out on treats so I’m always looking for ways to give her them without all of the yucky stuff. These 3 Ingredient Banana Coconut Cookies have been a hit since I 1st made them and they continue to make an appearance in her lunch and snack boxes.
3 Ingredient Banana Coconut Cookies aren’t really cookies, more like little cakes but they are super quick and easy to whip up and they’re full of potassium and fibre thanks to the bananas and shredded coconut!
What you’ll need
– 1 banana, mashed
– 50g unsweetened shredded or desiccated coconut
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
(You can easily double or triple this recipe)
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 175 degrees c (155 fan force) and line a small baking tray with baking paper.
– In a bowl, add in your mashed banana, coconut and vanilla extract and give it a good stir.
– Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto your tray and squish down with a fork.
– Pop them into the oven for 11 minutes, flick the oven to grill and grill for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
– Into they lunchbox they go! These little treats are best eaten on the day but if you are wanting to make them the night before, pop them into an airtight container and into the fridge. They’ll go a bit soft but they’re still bloody delicious.
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : Cookies