I thought that Fairy Soup would be a bit of a cute Halloween activity… until Izzy told me she was going to crush up the fairies and eat them. Sometimes.. sometimes I see a bit of Dexter in her.
We had a whole heap of fun brewing up our wee Fairy Soup yesterday morn. It was so nice just to be outside and see a smile on Izzy’s face. Spells were cast, fairies were eaten.. good morning all round.
Fairy Soup is an awesome wee sensory activity for kiddos. You’ve got the different smells and textures from the flowers, leaves and twigs as well as the smell from the herbal teabag AND, it’s pretty bloody beautiful!
What you’ll need
– a bowl
– flowers, leaves, twigs etc
– a herbl teabag (a raspberry/pomegranate/ one that gives the water some colour works best)
– an old or plastic spoon
What to do
– Grab your bowl, fill it with water and head outside to collect some flowers, leaves, twigs etc.
– Have the kiddo/s arrange the flowers, leaves etc in the bowl and sprinkle the top with glitter.
– Tear open the herbal tea bag and sprinkle it on top. Give it a wee stir and let it sit for 5. The herbal tea will change the colour of the water.