I wasn’t a fan of chia seed puddings to begin with but now, I bloody cant get enough of them! We’ve been eating 90% vegetarian for the last month and this Raspberry and Pistachio Chia Seed Pudding has been a great way to curb the sweet cravings come 8pm.
Chia seeds are wonderful little things! They are a good source of antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, calcium and iron and if you’re vegan, you can mix them with a little bit of water and use them as an egg replacement in cooking and baking.
Chia Seed Puddings are an awesome way to cut back on refined sugar while still getting a sweet fix and they are super easy to whip up. We always have a big batch in the fridge ready to go and with endless topping options, they never get boring!
What you’ll need
– 250mls coconut milk
– 3 TBSP chia seeds
– 2 TBSP runny honey
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– raspberries and pistachios
– blueberries and almonds
– banana, walnuts and cacao nibs
What to do
– In a bowl or container, mix together your coconut milk, chia seeds, honey and vanilla extract. Give it a good stir and cover with cling film or a lid.
– Pop it into the fridge for a minumum of 2 hours or overnight.
– Dish up your required amount (or eat straight from the bowl/container) and sprinkle with your choice of toppings!