Every year without fail, I always forget last minute gifts for people. We’re running on a bit of a tight budget this year due to Nick’s job change a month out from Christmas (thanks mate!!!) so any last minute gifts need to be cheap as chips! We always have sugar, flour, cocoa and baking powder in the house which are exactly what you need to make a delicious Chocolate Mug Cake!
This wee Chocolate Mug Cake gift takes 3 minutes from start to finish to whip up (depending on how fussy you are with tying ribbon) and not only does the recipient get a fresh mug but they can also have chocolate cake in under 2 minutes!
The Chocolate Mug Cake printable gift tag below lets the the soon to be mug cake eater know how much milk, oil and vanilla extract they need to add and how long to zap it for in the microwave. Again- chocolate cake in under 2 minutes! Just click on the link and it will bring up the PDF for the gift tags.
What you’ll need
– 4 TBSP plain flour
– 1 TBSP cocoa powder
– 3 TBSP caster sugar
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– chocolate chips
– a mug or 5. I just grabbed a few $2 mugs from The Warehouse
– gift tags. See below for printable instructions gift tag.
What to do
– Grab a mug and add in the flour, cocoa, sugar and baking powder. Give it a good mix together.
– Pop a handful of chocolate chips and a couple of marshmallows on top. The marshmallows will act as frosting!
– Wrap it up with some cellophane, chuck on your ribbon, attach your gift tag and you’ve got yourself a Chocolate Mug Cake gift! Just let the recipient know that they need to be eaten with in a week.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO GRAB YOUR PDF GIFT TAG PRINTABLE!