Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Popcorn is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Chocolate and salt go together like cheese and tomato, gin and tonic or well.. any other perfect combinations you can think of.
It makes for the easiest and delicious treat to whip up either for a “bring a plate” event (especially at school or preschool!), a great party snack or to devour while watching a movie. The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled so you can surround yourself with Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Popcorn.
There kind of isn’t too much to say about this aside from make it, eat it and enjoy it because you’ll think it is just as delicious as what we do! Just be careful to keep it out of the sun otherwise the chocolate will melt.. although…. it’s like dunking popcorn into chocolate sauce so maybe it’s not all that bad if it does melt!?
What you’ll need
– 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
– 1/2 cup chocolate chips. I used the Healtheries Sugar Free choc chips to keep it refined sugar free.
– sea salt
What to do
– Grab a tray, line it with baking paper and pop it off to the side.
– Chuck your popcorn either in an air popper or in a pot on the stove with a little bit of oil. Once it’s all popped, transfer it to the tray.
– Add your chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl and melt either in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water.
– Drizzle your melted chocolate over your popcorn, sprinkle over a little sea salt and give it a good toss. Add more salt if your heart desires.
– Either pop your tray in the fridge so the popcorn can harden or leave it to sit at room temperature until set. Due to the summer heat, the fridge is the way to go! It’s best eaten on the day but will keep for 1-2 days in an airtight container and keep it out of the sun otherwise the chocolate will melt!