Christmas is like… 9 bloody days away. I’m not ok with this but I am ok with White Chocolate Rocky Road.
For friends up here, I always do a little something homemade to give at Christmas. One year it was this Ginger Oat Crunch, the other it was these Chocolate Chip Cookies and this year, well, I think it’s deliciously obvious what this year is!
White Chocolate Rocky Road is super easy to whip up and a bit on the quick side. It only takes a couple of hours to set in the fridge so it makes for a perfect last minute Christmas treat. I’ve cut my pieces quite chunky so 1 tray is filling 2 700ml mason jars. If you cut them smaller then you can get more bang for your buck!
Look at those wee red lollies being all festive and shit.
What you’ll need
– 200g shortbread biscuits, crushed
– 3/4 cup raspberry lollies, quartered. Grab 2 bags! I use the Starburst or Natural Confectionary Co mixed berry lollies
– 1 1/2 mini marshmallows
– 1 cup shredded coconut
– 625g white chocolate
What to do
– Grease a 20cm by 30cm rectangular slice tin with baking paper, making sure the sides extend over the sides.
– Chuck your bikkies, lollies and 3/4 of the coconut into a large bowl. Give it a bit of a mix.
– Pour in your melted chocolate and give it a good stir.
– Transfer your mix into the slice pan and smooth with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the remaining coconut over the top.
– Pop into the fridge for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into pieces with a sharp knife and store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.