HAPPY 2018 beautiful friends! We hope you had a wonderful Christmas an amazing start to the new year. I’m so excited for a fresh start to what I think will be an amazing year for each and every single one of us. Thank you so much for doing life with us and joining us for another year.
Next week, Izzy starts preschool pretty much full time for the next 6 months while I prep our house (and myself) to start homeschooling FULL TIME! I’m scared and excited all at once because come June, my sidekick will be FIVE and she officially starts school. With her being at preschool almost full time, I need to be a bit more organised on the lunch front and have things on hand that I can pull out of the freezer and pop into her lunchbox. That’s where these Fulla Fibre and Refined Sugar Free Mini Choc Chip Muffins come in handy!
Healthy Fibre Full Mini Choc Chip Muffins are exactly that. Full of fibre and refined sugar free providing you use sugar free chocolate chips of course. They’re super easy to whip up, light and fluffy, they’ll help keep those growing tums feeling a bit fuller for longer and if you ask Izzy- they taste just like our Refined Sugar Free Oat, Coconut and Cacao Nib Cookies!
What you’ll need
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup rice bran oil
– 1/4 cup runny honey
– 105g wholemeal flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/3 cup milk
– 40g desiccated coconut
– 60g sugar free chocolate chips -you can use regular chocolate chips as well), chopped
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan force) and line a muffin tin with 10 mini muffin cases.
– In a medium sized bowl, crack in your egg, add in your oil then your honey. Adding the oil before the honey coats your cup which means the honey won’t stick!
– Whisk together your wholemeal flour and baking powder then add it to your bowl followed by the milk, coconut and chopped up chocolate chips.
– Give everything a mix together until just combined.
– Divide your muffin mix between your muffin cases, filling them 3/4 of the way full then pop them into the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
– Leave to cool in the tin for 5 before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cold, these Healthy Fibre Full Mini Choc Chip Muffins will keep in an airtight container for a few days or chuck them in the freezer and pull one or two out as needed.
Tags : Muffins