I LOVE making homemade treats to pamper myself with and I have done for years. It kind of fills a creative void, it helps to save some money and I know EXACTLY what is going in the stuff I am putting on my skin. Himalayan Pink Sea Salt Body Scrub is one of my faves and even Nick gets in on the scrubby action.
Giving your skin an exfoliation once in a while helps to remove any built-up dead skin cells that can leave your skin looking dull, unblock any blocked up pores, improve the texture of your skin and make it feel smoother, helps to get your skin care products in deeper and it can also help to even out your skin tone!
This Himalayan Pink Sea Salt Body Scrub is super easy to whip up and it’s not too rough on the skin! Out of the mouth of Nick (he even hand modelled for me!)- “It’ll leave your butt smooth feeling smooth”…. and every other part of you scrub too!
What you’ll need
– 2 cups Himalayan Pink Sea Salt (you can grab bulk bags from bulk food stores such as Bin Inn)
– 3 TBSP coconut (melted), sweet almond or jobajoba oil
– 15-20 drops essential oil of your choice (optional)
What to do
– Chuck everything in a glass bowl and give it a good mix together. If you want a bit more of a wetter scrub, add a touch more oil until you have your desired scrub consistency.
– Scoop your mix into a jar with a wide opening big enough to get your hand in there or into a sistema container and pop the lid on.
– When you are ready for a scrub, take it into the shower with you, wet your skin and get scrubbing! Rinse thoroughly and moisturise.