Colcannon is a traditional Irish mashed potato dish that is way better than regular mashed potato… and friends, you need this kind of positivity in your life.
It makes for an amazing side dish to accompany any meat or you could eat it straight out of the bowl because life is too short to not eat Colcannon.
What you’ll need
– 1 kg potatoes, peeled and diced
– 1/2 savoy cabbage, finely shredded
– 200g bacon, diced
– 150mls cream
– 100g unsalted butter – you need 25g for frying the bacon and cabbage and 75g for later
– white pepper
optional- 4 spring onions finely chopped
What to do
– Chuck your diced potatoes into a pot of water and bring to the boil. Cook for 20 minutes or until they are soft enough to mash.
– While your tatties are cooking away, chuck your frying pan on the stove and heat your 25g of butter. Pop in the bacon and cabbage and cook for 8 minutes. Take it off the heat and set it off to the side.
– Drain your potatoes and pop them back into the pot. Add your cream and butter and give them a good mash until there are no lumps.
– Tip in your bacon and cabbage, mix that all together, season with a good dash of white pepper and salt and voila!
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : Dinner Ideas