Refined Sugar Free Lemon and Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies are the perfect wee treat to go with your cuppa without all of the refined sugar.
A little while ago, the lovely folks from St Dalfour sent us an email asking if they could send us the range to test out. We have used the St Dalfour strawberry conserve ever since my babe from All Things Lunch put me onto them so I of course said yes please! We try and keep Izzy’s diet as refined sugar free as possible as we find it really effects her, and as they are made with all natural ingredients and are refined sugar free, they are an amazing and healthier alternative to jam!
If you aren’t a fan of raspberry, the strawberry, apricot, black cherry or blackberry would make an amazing alternative!
What you’ll need
– 100g unsalted butter, at room temperature. If it’s cold, zap it in the microwave to soften it up.
– 3 TBSP honey or pure maple syrup
– 1 egg, at room temperature
– 1 tsp lemon zest
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 140g plain flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 60g desiccated coconut
– St Dalfour Raspberry Conserve OR any flavour from their range- they’re amazing!
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan force) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
– Pop your butter and honey/maple syrup into a bowl and cream until light and fluffy. Add in your egg, lemon zest and vanilla extract and give it a good mix.
– Sift in your flour, baking powder and salt, add in your desiccated coconut and mix well to form a dough.
– Roll 1 TBSP of the dough into a ball and pop on your tray. Repeat with the rest of the dough making sure you give them a little space between your balls.
– Using your thumb, make a 1 cm dent in the middle of each of your cookie balls. Pop a little bit of your fruit conserve (about 1/2 of tsp) into the hole and into the oven they go for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
– Pull em’ out and pop them on a wire rack to cool completely! They go amazing with a cuppa, as a wee treat in the lunchbox OR you can pop them into an airtight container. Refined Sugar Free Lemon and Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies will last for up to a week in a container in the cupboard or for up to 3 months in the freezer. Pull one out in the morning and it’ll be defrosted by morning tea!