When I told Nick that I was baking him a batch of Funfetti Cookies to take to work tomorrow, he thought I was joking. Out of the oven they came and alas he realised that I was not. For morning tea tomorrow morning, him and his super professional business peeps will be wrapping their mouths around these super cute Funfetti Cookies. I’d never joke about things that involve sprinkles because sprinkles are fucking magical!
- - 230g plain flour
- - 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- - 1/2 tsp baking soda
- -140g caster sugar
- - 115g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- - 2 tsp vanilla extract
- - 1 egg, lightly beaten
- - 60g pottle of sprinkles + extra for decorating
- - If you haven't done so already, melt you butter and pop it off to the side to cool. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan force) and line a couple of baking trays with baking paper.
- - Grab a large bowl and sift in your flour, cream of tartar and baking soda and then stir in the caster sugar.
- - Add in your cooled melted butter, vanilla extract and egg and mix until well combined.
- - Pop in your sprinkles and give it all a good stir.
- - Grab 1 TBSP of the cookie dough and roll into a wee ball. Pop it on the baking tray and repeat making sure you place your balls 5cm apart. Flatten slightly with a fork and add a few extra sprinkles to the top. Give them a wee squish to make sure they don't fall off.
- - Into the oven they go for 10 minutes! If you're able to cook a couple of trays at a time, just be sure to rotate the trays half way through cooking so they bake evenly! Leave them to cool on the tray/s for 5 before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- - These funfetti cookies will keep for a few days in an airtight container.
Will he get shit tomorrow? Most likely. Am I sorry? Not in the slightest purely because I know that they’ll be like “We went to this meeting at *insert Nicks work place here* and he gave us Funfetti Cookies and… well.. that has never happened before!” It’ll be such an awesome differentiator!
These Funfetti Cookies have the most perfect soft and cakey texture, are vanilla-y and buttery and they just make your inner child so incredibly happy. It’s like fairy bread in a cookie!?
They’re super easy to whip up and whether you’re 28 or 8, Funfetti Cookies make for a perfect addition to any birthday party spread. and the The best thing is, this recipe makes about 24 cookies so you get a bit of bang for ya buck!
Want to take them next level? Sandwich a scoop of vanilla ice cream between two cookies…. you’re welcome!
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : Cookies