Unlike the homemade Fizzy Shower Bombs, ya don’t chuck one of these in the loo and instantly feel relaxed… although, if you use lavender.. who knows! These wee Natural Fizzy Toilet Bombs are a great and natural way to freshen up the loo bowl!
They’re so super easy to make and there is no need for any nasty chemicals! Baking soda is a great eco-friendly cleaner and deodoriser, citric acid gives these Natural Fizzy Toilet Bombs their wee fizz, white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide are great disinfectants and essential oils make the place smell nice!
What you’ll need
– 1 cup baking soda
– 1/4 cup citric acid
– 1/2 tsp white vinegar
– 1 TBSP hydrogen peroxide (you can buy this from the pharmacy)
– 20 drops of essential oil (I used lemon)
– silicone chocolate moulds or baking paper
– glass jar with lid
What to do
– Grab a bowl, add in your baking soda and give it a good whisk. You want to make sure there are no lumps. Chuck in the citric acid and give it another good whisk.
– In a small glass or ceramic bowl, mix together your white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. Using a 1/4 tsp or a pipette, slowly add your vinegar and hydrogen peroxide mixture bit by bit to the baking soda and citric acid. DO NOT add this all at once otherwise, you’ll end up with a big fizzing mess that is of no use to you what so ever.
– Mix in your essential oil of choice and get ready to scoop or roll!
– Grab a couple of silicone moulds, fill each hole 3/4 of the way full and press down gently. If you’re not using moulds, compact 1/2 TBSP of the mixture in your hands and pop them into a sheet of baking paper.
– Leave them to harden for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight and once they’ve hardened, pop them out of the moulds or off the baking paper, chuck them in your jar and pop them by the loo!
– When the loo is in need of a little freshening up, pop one or two of the Natural Fizzy Toilet Bombs in the bowl and voila!