The issue I have when making dessert for just Nick and I is that a standard brownie or crumble is too big for just the two of us and we end up wasting a whole load. Here’s where this Berry Crumble for 2 comes in and saves us when we want a little somethin’ somethin’ after dinner!
They are so super easy and delicious dessert to whip up, especially during winter! They’re just the right size and they make you all warm and fuzzy from your mouth to your tum!
Having a spoon full of this creates a bit of a party in your mouth! You’ve got the flavour explosion from the mixed berries, a hint of apple and the sweetness and crunch from the crumble topping. Add a dash of ice cream or cream and it goes up a notch. SAH GOOD!
- - 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- - 1/4 grated apple
- - 4 TBSP oats
- - 2 TBSP plain flour
- - 2 TBSP brown sugar
- - 60g unsalted butter, softened
- - pinch of baking soda
- - pinch of salt
- - 2 drops vanilla extract
- - Preheat your oven to 175 degrees c (155 fan force) and grab 2 ramekins.
- - Divide your mixed berries (1/2 cup in each) and grated apple evenly between your ramekins.
- - Grab a bowl and add in your oats, flour, brown sugar, butter, salt, baking soda and vanilla extract. Give it a good using your hands or a fork, making sure that everything is well incorporated.
- - Sprinkle your crumble mix over your berries and pop your ramekins onto a baking tray.
- - Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is starting to brown lightly.
- - Serve as is or with a dollop of ice cream or custard.
This Berry Crumble for 2 can be easily halved to make a Berry Crumble for 1 (you could just eat both, I wont judge you) OR it can be tripled, quadrupled, quintupled and even sextupled to make multiple mini Berry Crumbles or one large one!