If you are a lover of Apple Fritters then you are most definitely going to LOVE this Cinnamon Apple Fritter Bread.
It’s appley, it’s cinnamony, it’s fluffy but most importantly, it’s moist. Oh so moist. It’s a moist mound of appley, cinnamony goodness and in Nick’s words “it’s fucking amazing!”
Apple and cinnamon go together like coffee and my brain, cream cheese and jam and macaroni and cheese. They’re just two flavours that should always be together in life because they’re utterly perfect for each other and with this chilly weather, they warm ya up from the inside.
- - 60g brown sugar
- - 1 tsp cinnamon
- - 2 apples, peeled and chopped into 1cm chunks
- - 2 TBSP caster sugar
- - 1 tsp cinnamon
- - 170g caster sugar
- - 125g unsalted butter, softened
- - 2 eggs, at room temperature
- - 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- - 230g plain flour
- - 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- - 125mls milk, coconut, almond etc- your choice.
- - 75g icing sugar
- - 2 TBSP milk
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees c (155 fan force) and grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- - Grab a small bowl and pop in your brown sugar and cinnamon. Give it a good whisk together and pop it off to the side.
- - If you havent already done so, peel and chop up your apples into 1cm chunks and pop them into a bowl.
- - Sprinkle over your caster sugar and cinnamon and give it all a good mix together before popping them off to the side as well.
- - In a medium sized bowl, add in your butter and sugar and beat together until smooth and creamy.
- - Add in your eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add in your vanilla extract.
- - Sift in your flour and baking powder and mix until smooth. Pour in your milk and mix again.
- - Grab your loaf tin, cinnamon/brown sugar mix, apples and loaf batter!
- - Pour half of the loaf batter into your loaf tin and smooth out.
- - Sprinkle over half of your apple mix and give them a bit of a squish down into the batter. Sprinkle over half of your brown sugar and cinnamon mix.
- - REPEAT! Pour over your remaining loaf batter and smooth out. Chuck on the rest of your apples, squish them down then sprinkle over the rest of your brown sugar and cinnamon mix.
- - Into the oven it goes for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- - Leave to cool for 15 before removing from the tin and transferring to a wire rack.
- - Pop your icing sugar and milk into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- - Grab your still hot loaf and drizzle the glaze all over the top of your loaf.
- - Pop your drizzled loaf off to the side to cool completely before slicing into chunks!
- - This beaut will keep for a day or 2 in an airtight container!
While it’s delish on it’s own, you just need a dollop of ice cream or a splash of custard to turn this into a bit of a dessert! Slice yourself off a chunk, warm it up in the microwave and add ice cream or custard! SAH GOOD GUYS, SAH GOOD!
Whether you’re having it for breakfast (no judgement), lunch, dinner, or dessert it goes perfect with a hot cuppa BUT take my advice, you’ll want to make two because the first one won’t last long!
Tags : Loaves